50 Facts About Zayn Malik
- Zayn Malik is a member in the popular British Band One Direction.
- His middle name is Javadd.
- He was born on 12th January 1993.
- His star sign is Capricorn.
- He was born in Saint Luke’s hospital in Bradford, England.
- Zayn’s name is originally spelt ‘Zain’, however he prefers ‘Zayn’.
- ‘Zayn’ means ‘Beautiful’ in Arabic.
- Zayn is a Muslim.
- His shoe size is 8½.
- Zayn first appeared on X-Factor as a solo artist.
- Zayn has both his ears pierced.
- His father is from Pakistan.
- He has light brown eyes.
- Zayn has one older sister and two younger sisters.
- He prefers his iPhone 4 to his BlackBerry.
- Zayn suffers from Acrophobia, which is the fear of heights.
- Before X-Factor, Zayn had never been on a plane.
- Zayn’s X-Factor serial number is #165616.
- He can play the triangle.
- He has a pet dog called Boris and two cats called Rolo and Tom.
- He likes intelligent girls.
- His favourite food is chicken.
- Zayn is a smoker.
- One of his hobbies is drawing.
- He can’t swim.
- His favourite Pokémon is Oshawott.
- If you meet him and give him your Twitter name, he will follow you.
- He ripped his boxers once, and a fan told him.
- Zayn held Harry’s hand when Harry his first tattoo.
- He is scared of the dark!
- Zayn didn’t have a passport before he was on X-Factor.
- He says he wants to get married before he reaches the age of thirty.
- His favourite shark is a hammerhead!
- He always brushes his teeth before going on stage.
- His official Twitter profile is @ZaynMalik.
- Zayn believes that the two things that make the world go round are “peace and love.” Wise words.
- Zayn’s fans mean a LOT to him. He explains: “Fans aren’t just fans – they’re part of my family.”
- If Zayn had to wear one colour for the rest of his life it would be black
- Asked if he ever has nightmares, Zayn said that when he was eight he had a pretty weird one. “I had a dream a giant power ranger was chasing me,” he said.
- In spring 2012 Zayn got a new tattoo saying: “be true to who you are.”
- Zayn’s first pet was a Staffordshire Bull Terrier called Tyson.
- Zayn is notorious for busting some crazy dance moves when he’s out, even though he was too shy to dance at XFactor bootcamp
- Despite being known for his trademark quiff, Zayn is quite keen to shave off his hair. In fact, in June 2012 he was close to shaving it off but only changed his mind when his millions of Twitter followers talked him out of it.
- Despite living in Bradford, Zayn is a Manchester United fan – just like Louis and Harry.
- Zayn’s favourite band of all time is *NSYNC.
- Malik in Arabic means ‘king’ or ‘chieftain’.
- Zayn has three sisters but no brothers. They’re called Doniya, Waliyha and Safaa.
- Zayn dated fellow X Factor star Rebecca Ferguson for four months but the relationship ended when they “drifted apart”.
- Zayn’s favourite song of all time is ‘Thriller’ by Michael Jackson.
- Just like Harry Styles, Zayn is a cat lover. His favourite animal is a lion.
Zayn was born in St Lukes Hospital, Bradford, England. He is of English and Pakistani descent. He was born to British-Pakistani father Yaser Malik and English mother Patricia. He has one older sister, Doniya, and two younger sisters, Waliyha and Safaa. He and his family are Muslim.
Zayn Malik Facts – Biography
Zayn grew up in East Bowling, located south of the Bradford city centre. He was a student at Lower Fields Primary School in East Bowling and went to Tong High School, a local state comprehensive school.
“I was a bit of a handful when I was a kid because I was quite hyperactive. Even in the house my mum used to put me in my pram because I was so full-on,” he said of his childhood.
Zayn first came to prominence during the boot camp stage of series 7 of the X Factor viewers when he initially refused to join a group of contestants on stage for a dance task in front of Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh and choreographer Brian Friedman. Zayn was worried about dancing in front of a professional choreographer and alongside other contestants who, in his eyes, were clearly better dancers than he was.
Zayn was persuaded by Simon Cowell to join in with the task. Upon completing his task, Zayn said that he needed to concentrate on his dancing! I really think Zayn showed a lot of guts to show reluctance to do something he clearly wasn’t happy doing, but loads of resilience to overcome his worries and perform.
Zayn was rejected at the boot camp stage of the X Factor but was called back to join One Direction with Louis Tomlinson, Harry Styles, Liam Payne and Niall Horan.
Zayn has also found himself under increased media attention both during and after his X Factor experience. Tabloid newspapers have published stories about Zayn’s romance with fellow X factor contestants Cher Lloyd, and Rebecca Ferguson. Cher Lloyd has denied any romantic involvement with Zayn Malik citing she was focused on her career.
Regarding being linked with Zayn Malik, Rebecca Ferguson has said that after she and Zayn grew apart that she wishes him well with his career.
Facts about Zayn Malik include his musical interests including R&B and rap music. He likes to draw cartoons and has collected comic books. Zayn Malik has numerous tattoos including a Yingyang symbol, his grandfathers name (Walter) in Arabic, and a playing card on his stomach!
- By karina3094 (flickr) [CC-BY-SA-2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
How tall is Zayn Malik from One Direction?
Zayn is about 5ft 9. (175cm). He is not the tallest member in One Direction (Liam Payne), he also not the shortest member in One Direction (Niall Horan).
Name: Zayn Javadd Malik
Star Sign: Capricorn
Home Town: Bradford
Celeb Crush: Megan Fox
Man Crush: Justin Timberlake
Favourite hair colour on a girl: Brunette
Bet you didn’t know: He celebrated his 18th birthday with a trip to Nandos with the boys.
Turn-ons: Tattoos and stripper shoes
Zayn is a loyal and faithful boyfriend.
On a date he would wear jeans, a T-shirt and trainers.
His perfect girl can’t be too clingy and someone who acts cool. Megan Fox would be his ideal partner.
He loves the mirror.
He’s a secret bad boy.
He is actually a bit shy.
He’s NOT dating Geneva Lane.
He’s the Mary Poppins of the group.
Best thing about being a boy? I get to date girls.
Best thing about being in One Direction?
All the free clothes and I get to do what I love everyday.
Best cure for One Direction infection?
There isn’t one.
Unforgivable by Sean John.
Favourite grooming product:
PJ’s, pants or nothing in bed?
Bath or shower?
So you think you are Zayn’s biggest fan? Lets put your knowledge to the test with our fantastic Zayn Malik Quiz!
Zayn Malik Facts